Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lavender Sachets

We have a great Spice Market near my home town.  They sell spices and herbs and wonderful smelling things all throughout the store.  I love going there because it sends your smell sense into overdrive.  They have some cool, hard to find food items too.  It is a great place to shop for that person on your list that you just can't figure out what to get them.  Here is a link to their website.

Spice Merchant

So this year I have decided to make some lavender sachets for my peeps (mom and sisters) to put in their delicates drawer.  I thought that I would buy some think muslin, cut 2 1/2 in strips (that's the quilter coming out in me) and sew small rectangles leaving one side open to turn right side out.  I will then fill it with lavender and sew shut.  How yummy!  I think these sachets are great gifts to add into a gift bag or basket to give to a sister, mother or friend.  I will post some pics as I get this project started, come back soon to see the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment