Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Learn to Knit

About 2 years ago I decided that I wanted to learn how to knit.  I saw Deborah Norvell on Inside Edition showing off some of the things she knitted for her family members and I thought if she could knit then I could too.  (She has always struck me as kind of a bubble head but over time I have grown to maybe think she isn't 100% bubble head, snark, snark.)  I went to the link on her website and was pretty confused so I ordered some books from my library on the interlibrary exchange (by the way this is a great way to save money and not have to purchase a book) about knitting.  After reading through Knitting for Dummies I felt self assured that I could learn to knit.  I went to by big box store, WM and bought a pair of size 8 knitting needles and some bright yellow yarn.  I went home, put my glasses on and began to try to knit, I failed!  After trying for 2 hours I was flustered and nearly gave up but went to my computer and started searching for a sight with videos to show me how to knit.  I found the best website in the WORLD for knitting here is the link:

Knitting Help

This site has free videos of every technique you could ever want to learn when you knit, from casting on stitches, to increasing and decreasing stitches to advanced techniques using circular needles.  I love this website.  Anytime I need a refresher I go to this website and click on the video that I want to watch.  They are clear, good video quality and she is a pleasure to listen to (some videos are full of "um's", long pauses, and the infamous, "oh what am I trying to say?").  Videos that are not edited and are full of half thoughts and such frustrate me because it causes me to get lost and not understand what to do next.  So if you are looking for a great visual to learn how to know please check out her site.  Happy Knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment